First Fridays is a monthly event in downtown Las Vegas that celebrates the city’s vibrant arts and culture scene. Every first Friday of the month, the streets of downtown are closed to traffic and filled with people from all over the city. There are art galleries, live music, food trucks, and more. It’s a great opportunity to explore the city’s creative side and meet new people.
First Fridays began in 2002 as a way to revitalize the downtown area. It has since become one of the most popular events in Las Vegas. Thousands of people come out each month to enjoy the festivities.
If you’re looking for a fun and unique way to experience Las Vegas, First Fridays is a great option. Here are a few things you can do at First Fridays:
- Visit art galleries: There are dozens of art galleries in downtown Las Vegas that participate in First Fridays. You can find everything from traditional paintings and sculptures to modern and contemporary art.
- See live music: There are always several live music performances happening at First Fridays. You can find a variety of genres, from rock and pop to jazz and blues.
- Eat at food trucks: There are dozens of food trucks at First Fridays. You can find everything from classic American fare to international cuisine.
- Shop at local businesses: There are many local businesses in downtown Las Vegas that participate in First Fridays. You can find everything from clothing and jewelry to home goods and souvenirs.
First Fridays is a great way to experience the best of what Las Vegas has to offer. It’s a fun, festive, and affordable event that’s perfect for people of all ages.
Here are some tips for planning your First Friday visit:
- Arrive early: The event gets crowded, so it’s best to arrive early.
- Wear comfortable shoes: You’ll be doing a lot of walking.
- Bring cash: Many of the vendors don’t accept credit cards.
- Be prepared to explore: There’s a lot to see and do, so be prepared to wander around and take it all in.
I hope you enjoy First Fridays!